Monday, October 4, 2010

Dear India,

Today marks the halfway point of my trip, can you believe it!? Here we are two months ago, still relatively fresh and clean:



In honor of making it this far, I thought I'd mention some of the things I love about this crazy and amazing place. In no particular order.

I love church.



I love the beautiful landscapes (More Buddhist ruins—they knew how to pick a spot!).



I love yellow watermelon. We only had it once, but it was great.



I love riding in rickshaws.



I love our wild neighborhood dogs. From left to right, Voldemort, Chewy, Blackie, and Paulsie (he has palsy).



I love sleepovers.



I love Big Bazaar.



I love the people (but they deserve their own post). From left to right, Raju, Durga, Suriya, Lova, Lalita.



I love the ocean.



I love my funny friends (and air conditioned cars).



I love the things we see that would be strange if we weren't in India.



I love rollerskaters on Beach Road.




I just love being here.





Love,
Libby

P.S. Mentioned, but not shown, yoga, rain/storms, CMR shopping center, saris in every color, and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment