Saturday, August 14, 2010

India's Independence Day

I just got back from the doctor. Interesting experience. Everyone who is sick sits in his office, and he goes around to each one, asking symptoms and treating you. Imagine your doctor coming out to the waiting room with his stethoscope and flashlight, and everyone knowing why everyone else is there. Privacy not needed. Me? I have a throat infection and low blood pressure. No big.
Have a random picture post:

This is the mahendi that Karuna did for me yesterday. She's amazing:



Best Clock Ever. His hand waves as the seconds go by:


This is a battledore/badminton court in the King's guest house. I wanted to play word-tennis:


Here is the outside of Big Bazaar, the closest thing to WalMart in India (and still far from it):


This is my new favorite place:


And this is an interpretive dance representing the Indian flag:

No comments:

Post a Comment